Our Christmas gift to you is 10% off all Spinning Wheels and Looms over £150 until end of December.
Clearance stock…..Glimakra Products…..
- Emilia 35cm loom (£160) Now £75 extra reeds now £16,
- Susanna loom 70cm and stand (£410) Now £250 extra reeds £22,
- Raddle 70cm (£40) now £20,
- Table Warping mill (£230) Now £150.
- Warp sticks all less 40%.
The Threshing Barn kits….
- Weaving kits small (£10) now £8, Large (£20) now £15
Threshing Barn on Tour
It has been a very busy last 6 months of shows and visits to Guilds all over the UK. There are so many new shows springing up that I feel the market is getting flooded. I shall be applying to many of the existing shows that worked very hard to establish the wool and textile event market and have an amazing army of volunteers to help.
I have been so happy this year in my new bigger business unit in Reeth surrounded by professional artists, craft practitioners and small businesses. There is a great Art and Craft Trail Map of Wensleydale and Swaledale that promotes us all. If you would like a copy, let me know.
It is with great sadness to tell you that my inspirational friend and hero Audrey Dawson has died. Many of you will have first met her when she helped me at the shows. Audrey was treasurer of the Staffordshire Moorlands Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers. Audrey was a wonderful cook and I never came away without home-made bread, pickles and marmalade. I shall miss her pork pies this Christmas. One memorable evening we warped up her loom with a fine 2 ply yarn helped by a good bottle of red wine and laughed the whole time. Or the picnic with posh china plates and linen napkins whilst parked for 2 hours in the outside lane of the gridlocked M6 whilst travelling down to FibreFest in Devon. Or running around a field trying to catch a chicken to wash ready to take to a poultry show. Audrey was a true country woman with such creative skills and was always attired in her creations.
Thank you for your custom this year and I wish you all a happy creative holiday season.
- 21st Nov. Woven Christmas Trees
- 24th Nov. A festive weaving workshop for Leicester Guild
- 29th Nov. Festive rag rug wreaths for Skelwith Guild
- 25th Nov. Come and make your Christmas cards
- 1st Dec. Woven door wreath
- 5th Dec. Needle felt decorations
- 8th Dec. Woven tree decorations
- 12th Dec. Rustic decorations from cones, pods, dried fruit and spices
- 15th & 16th Dec. The Brewery Christmas Fair at the Station in Richmond.
- 18th Dec. Wire sparkling tree decorations
- 20th Dec. A Rag Rug skills workshop for those who would like a Christmas free day