Schacht Spindle Co.
Wow!! We took on distribution of their spinning and weaving products at the beginning of the year and cannot believe your response. There is a great market for products that are innovative, very high quality and come from one of the market leaders in the U.S.A. Their new SIDEKICK has arrived, the wheel is sideways therefore creating a different movement, it is compact and foldable. Come and try at the workshop or at the Wool Events this year.
We produce a good selection of burgers, sausages, chops and steaks ideal for barbecues or quick suppers. All meat is from our animals, red Dexters, Gloucester Old Spots and Berkshire pigs and Texel/Suffolk sheep.
We now stock this range of jams, jellies, pickles and chutney’s made on Rosebud Farm, near Masham in Yorkshire. They are made principally by hand in small batches using the best available local ingredients where possible e.g. these include wild fruit and flowers picked from surrounding hedgerows.
• A stunning collection of Indian crocheted cotton floral jewellery sourced from a fairtrade not for profit organisation.
• Hand made buttons proudly made in Stoke-on-Trent the original home of the ceramic industry in the U.K.
• Solmate Socks very colourful patterned mis-matched recycled cotton socks in a range of 3 sizes.
• Sparkle yarns or hand dyed by myself in subtle pastel colours. Available in lace, sock and double knit weights.
• New collections of Fat Quarters and Jelly Rolls cotton fabrics ideal for patchwork, linings for felt, knitted and woven bags, cushions etc.
• Willow Kits to make a basic basket, flower or dragonfly.
We support 3 local charities and are always delighted when you make a donation either as your loose change or as a thanks for a tea or coffee.
1. The Donna Louise Trust offers palliative care for young children in Staffordshire and South Cheshire.
2. The Midlands Air Ambulance operates 3 helicopters with no Government or National Lottery Funding – £6 million is needed each year.
3. The Buxton Mountain Rescue Team of which David is a full team member. They work with the police and other agencies to locate and recover lost or injured people from remote places in the Peak District and surrounding areas. The Team relies completely on voluntary donations.